At the moment, the biological data in TargetMine for most part is limited to human, rat and mouse, the most studied model organisms in biomedical field. The data sources compiled in TargetMine are summarized in the following table.
|Genome annotation||H, R, M||Entrez Gene|
|Protein annotation||H, R, M||UniProt (including Swiss-Prot and TrEMBL)|
|Protein domain||H, R, M||InterPro|
|Pathways||H, R, M||KEGG Pathway, Reactome |
|H||NCI Pathway interaction database|
|Gene-gene interactions||H, R, M||BioGRID, iRefIndex |
|Gene Ontology and GO annotation||H, R, M||Gene Ontology,
|Protein 3D structure||Entire dataset||wwPDB, SIFTS|
|Structural classification||-||SCOP, CATH|
|CATH protein domain assignments||H, R, M||Gene3D|
|Orthologues / Paralogues||H, R, M||KEGG Orthology,
|Transcription factor||H||ORegAnno, Amadeus, HTRI Database|
|Enzyme||H, R, M||ENZYME|
|Chemical compounds||Entire dataset||DrugBank , ChEMBL ,
PubChem BioAssay ,
Ligand Expo, DrugEBIlity, ChEBI
|Disease Ontology and
Disease Ontology Annotatioin 
|miRNA target||H, R, M||miRTarBase |
|Genome-Wide Association Studies||H||NHGRI GWAS Catalog|
|Microarray probe annotation||H, R, M||NetAffx Annotation Files |
- H: human, R: rat, M: mouse.
- KEGG Pathway, Reactome, are integrated using the species specific files.
- BIOGRID, iRefIndex data are integrated from species specific files but may still contain a few cross-species interactions.
- UniProtKB GOA are integrated using the species specific files including those tagged with IEA evidence. However, IEA annotations are excluded when doing the enrichment analysis on the list analysis pages.
- DrugBank drug-target associations include all the target types including “off-target”.
- See the ChEMBL data set page for more details.
- Pubchem BioAssay data here only incorporate “bioactive” compounds.
- From BMC Genomics 10 Suppl 1:S6
- miRTarBase data are integrated using the species specific files and contain all support types including that labeled “weak”.
- The whole transcript (WT) probe sets are not included so far.
For the version information, please check TargetMine data sources page .